quote Ghandi

quote Ghandi

donderdag 6 april 2017

'the mask you live in'

I'd like to share a documentary that - to me anyway - has everything to do with love. I was told by someone it was really powerful and worth seeing and it is. It's about how men in American society (but applies to men worldwide I think to different degrees) are being raised and influenced and how this effects everything in profound ways, for them and the world we live in. Although much of it was not new to me, some stuff is and seeing it all together is telling a powerful and sometimes heartbreaking story.

 
Trailer

it touched me in so many ways and it makes so much sense that things are the way they are (not meaning we should accept them!). A few words I'd use to describe this documentary are impressive, confronting, painful and beautiful. I also find it very hopeful to see change is really happening through truly strong and amazing men standing in their essence and true power. We may have a long way to go to see big changes on a global scale, but the change is happening. Which I think is saying a lot after centuries and centuries of repeated patterns and destructive cycles of excessive male toughness, violence and the denial of too many essential and beautiful aspects in men. It moved me to tears to see that change.

let's do what we can towards our men and boys to add to that, with compassion and a willingness to see beyond the masks. And love of course. After all, who doesn't deserve or need love, compassion, understanding and safety to express emotions? We all do, regardless of whatever gender we identify with!

so the name of the documentary is 'The mask you live in" by The Representation Project and can be found on Netflix.

much love, Monique

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten